From AT&T Support Wiki
Settings > Data Management > Export Data The Export Data option provides a means to download a copy of the database, creating a compressed (.zip) backup file.
Users that have the Import and Export Data permission can import or export data
To export data and create a backup file:
- Click Settings > Data Management > Export Data
- In the Export Detail section, complete the following information:
- Encoding Type
- Choose from ISO-8859-1, UTF-8 or UTF-16.
(If you are not sure which to choose, contact your System Administrator)
- Include Notes/Attachments/Documents
- Optionally, click the checkbox to include associated Notes, Attachments, and Documents in the export file. Besides including the documents and attachments, this will create a file (Documents.csv) with meta information about the documents, attachments, and notes.
- In the Email Address for Sending Notification section, complete the following information:
- Email Address
- Select the email address that will receive the link to the backup files
- In the Objects for Data Export section, complete the following information:
- Include All Data
- Checkbox, selected by default
- Optionally, uncheck the Include All Data checkbox icon, and select individual object(s) to export
- Click [Save] to trigger the export process, or click the [Cancel] button to stop the action
The export process is tracked in the Export Queue, which is accessed via Monitor.
When the export is complete, an email message is sent to the specified address. A link to a .zip file is included in the message. The recipient can download the compressed file from the Export Folder in Documents. A login to the platform is required.
To view the data on a local computer, uncompress the .zip file, using any standard data compression program. The uncompressed data file will be in .csv format, which can be viewed using a standard database or spreadsheet application.
All data is exported in the user's chosen format, including:
- Dates and times (in the user's timezone)
Export Folder in Documents
The exported data .zip file is available from the Export Data folder in Documents for a period of seven days.
Users that have the Import and Export Data permission can view this folder and contents
To download the exported data .zip file:
- Click the link in the email notification message
- Login and navigate to the Export Data folder in Documents
- Open the folder and select the file.
- Click the [Download] button to download a copy of the compressed .zip file
- Optionally, click the [Email] button to send a copy of the compressed .zip file via email
- An option exists to email a document from this folder
- Be aware that a backup file can be unusually large
- Choose an email address that can receive file attachments of such a large size
- The data in this file does not include data from received email messages
- The .zip file is available for download for a period of seven days
- Visibility Control and Sharing
By default, the access to the Export Data folder in Documents is set as follows:
- Share with: System Administrator
- Access Rights: Administrator
Optionally, set Visibility Control and Sharing access to allow other users to view and edit the Export Data folder.
The export process is tracked in the Export Queue, which is accessed via Monitor. To monitor the progress of the export, click the Refresh icon.
As the export progresses, you may see the following status conditions:
- In Processing Queue is displayed when you start the export
- When a file has been exported successfully, it's status will be Completed
- An export that fails will show an error message, for example: Data Export - Error encountered while processing Accounts
- Exported data will be automatically deleted from the Export Data folder in the Documents object after 7 days
- One export per week is permitted
- Initiating a data export schedules the job for immediate execution (there is no automated scheduling mechanism)
- The exported data will be counted as part of the document storage space used (be sure to empty the Recycle Bin periodically, in case storage is an issue); When Documents (file attachments) are included in the export, storage management is especially important
- User and Team identifiers are included in the file (Role information is not exported)
- Date Created, Date Modified, Created Id and Modified Id will be exported
- Exporting the audit log generates two .csv files:
- A database dump of all the logs (AuditLog.csv)
- A database dump of all the log codes (LogCodes.csv). This file is for auxiliary information.
Both files have common columns (type, operation) which can be used in a defined join to get more information