HowTo:Search a View to Find Records
From AT&T Support Wiki
A search action finds all records in the platform that contain the characters or words you specify. If the specified characters appear in any field in a record, the record is displayed.
- To search in specific fields, or to create more complex searches, you'll want to Filter a View to Restrict the Records it Displays.
- Improve search speed and performance by configuring Search Fields to create an index for the object
Learn more: Record Locators
- Data Access Permissions determine which records are visible to a given user
- A specific syntax is required to search using a Multi Object Lookup field.
Learn more: Multi Object Lookup#Considerations
- Enter a search term (an Account Name, Contact name, etc.) in the Search field:
- Click the Magnifier Glass icon
By default, a Search examines all records in the current object. But you can change the Search mode to:
- Search only those records in the current view
- Search only those records you own (My Records)
To change the Search mode:
- From the Search bar, click the down arrow:
- Select your search option:
- Search - Normal search
- Search within Selected View Only - Search only those records that appear in the current View.
- Search My Records Only - Restrict the search to records you own
- Enter the Search text for the record(s) you want to locate
- Click the [Search] button.
When the search completes, the records that match your criteria are displayed, and the current view indicator changes to show that you are displaying search results:
To return to a different view, click the down arrow next to the view indicator and make a selection from the list it displays.